Inspirational seasonal talks
The timeless wisdom of Oriental medicine is woven into these “East meets West” conversations on how to invigorate your life and achieve optimum health and wellbeing all year round.
Balance Your Energy, Balance Your Life
– secrets of the seasons revealed
Nature is in constant motion following cycles and phases that demonstrate the process of change, conversion, transformation and evolution. The wisdom of the East says that when we live in harmony with the laws of nature, life is balanced and we flourish. Living in conflict with nature’s way (called The Tao and pronounced “dow”) disturbs the equilibrium of our health and wellbeing which includes the mind and emotions.
Discover why certain foods, movements and habits can promote great health outcomes season by season.
SPRING – a time to detox, and ‘spring’ into action.
As we dust off the proverbial cobwebs of winter, spring promotes renewed optimism and a feeling of breaking free. Spring is the season that supports a mental, physical and emotional detox physically, and a willingness to try something new. When we cleanse and let go we gain clarity and insight for new possibilities, habits and practices.
This presentation offers:
- top tips on foods that cleanse and detox the winter diet
- best movements and exercises to energise and tone in readiness for summer
- how to action your goals and plans for the year
How To Feel Fabulous in SUMMER
According to Eastern wisdom SUMMER is the season for feeling exuberant, enthusiastic, vibrant, sociable, connecting, having fun, falling in love, indulging in things that enhance your energy, stimulate and exhilarate the spirit
- Do you feel fantastically healthy in summer? If not, why not?
- What does summer have to do with anti-aging?
- What is the best exercise to do in summer?
- How do the seasons influence your health and your life?
- What does mindfulness have to do with your health and wellbeing in summer?
Gathering in, letting go in AUTUMN
Autumn is the season for discerning, discarding, winding down and letting go. As the days become short and the nights long, we reap the benefits of our hard work, finish and refine projects and then surrender to inner mental activities such as quiet reflection, reading and writing. This reflective period facilitates achieving clarity of mind so that we may come closer to knowing our true purpose in life.
- learn what’s best for your health and wellbeing as you transition through Autumn into Winter
- How to support your immune system
- Foods that support and nourish
- Why Autumn is the season to detox, declutter, and put best made plans on hold!
How to Reboot, Revive and Reinvent Yourself in WINTER
WINTER is the season to slow down, rest, relax more, take stock of your life, sleep longer,for self-reflection, meditation, restoration, sowing seeds for new plans and aspirations, peace and goodwill.
This presentation covers:
- 5 winter moves for winter you can do in 10 minutes to warm-up, stimulate the circulation and mobilise the joints.
- Why slow cooked stews, soups, roasts, root vegetables and leafy greens uplift the emotions, nourish the body, and help you to conserve energy.
- Why resting, sleeping longer, remaining quiet and calm at his time cultivates youthful vitality all year round.
- Why the secrets to anti-ageing reside in your kidneys.
- Many more top tips for defying the advancing decades and turning back the clock!